This pregnancy is very different than the first. I can definitely see the difference.
1) I'm smaller than I was this time with our daughter. There's a slight bulge but nothing significant. I look a little fat more than anything. Not that I'm complaining... the books say that having them this close together may do that to a person.
2) I'm more nauseas than before. I barely got sick the last time; the worst times were on a very turbulant plane ride from L.A. to Las Vegas and the return. It wasn't cool. This time, every time my husband cooks and I smell it, I get queasy. Everytime I bend over to pick up our daughter, my stomach churns. I still do, even though I'm well into my second trimester, when it usually subsides.
3) I can feel the baby much more easily than I did before. Last time I worried so much if she was okay. This time (I guess since I know what I'm feeling now) I can feel him being very active and just almost jumping around, doing somersaults, kicking, etc., by just lying down at night.
4) I'm definitely more prepared. I think its because I kept all our stuff from our first child that it makes this one a lot easier. Though we did put some stuff for her in our registry, just because we haven't gotten some of the stuff that we need for toddlers (potty training, front facing car seat, etc.).
5) I have to think about circumsion this time around. I know we are going to do it. I knew that when we fist thought our daughter was a boy in the beginning of our first pregnancy. But I now know I'm not going to be in the room when the doctor does it!
(X-Posted babies_2005, november2006 & my personal journal)
|comments: Leave a comment|